A house blessing is a great thing to do when you move into a new home or when you decide to start a new chapter in your life and would like to clear and bless your current home. It removes negative energy from your home and prevents it from entering again.
This process can be as simplistic or elaborate as you desire as it is your intention that matters most. However, this is the method that I have used to bless my home in the past and I find it incredibly effective!
Supplies you’ll need:
1 Intention Candle (preferably brown)
How To Preform A House Blessing
- Take your brown candle (symbolizing balance, grounding, stability, safety) and hold it in your hands thinking about your intention. What you want, energy you want to bring into your home and what energy you wish to keep out.
- Lighting your candle, keep that intention in your mind.
- Light your cleansing Herb with your burning candle.
- Use your hands to direct the smoke on your body. Cleansing yourself of any negativity.
- Start to walk around your home with your burning Herb wafting the smoke in the rooms that you wish to be cleansed. Focusing on corners and any other spots that you feel there could be trapped energy.
- After the house has been cleansed, hold your black tourmaline in one hand and your selenite in the other while reciting the following:
- Once this is done let your sage and candle burn down completely.
Your home is now blessed. You can keep the black tourmaline and selenite close to the entrance you use most in your house to aid in keeping this energy.
Remember that crystals need to be charged and cleansed as well! I usually make a point to refresh these crystals energy with herbal smoke every time I clean my house OR you can leave them in the moonlight once a month!